Friday, May 20, 2011

Judgment Day Tomorrow?!


I suppose I can’t let this blog go without some comment about Harold Camping’s prediction for the world to end tomorrow. I’m already a day late with this blog; let’s hope I’m not a day behind tomorrow. Fortunately, I’ll be in Vancouver tomorrow, probably the most beautiful place on earth to witness the world’s end.

I hope Camping is preparing his next date for judgment day. His last one was out by more than a decade, so despite his denial, he will need a plan B, or is it C, D, . . . He obviously missed plan A: “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matthew 24:36.)

Unfortunately, wild predictions, such as Camping’s, based on conjectural parallels with past events of uncertain dates, bring disrepute to the seriousness of the Gospel. We may not know when, but the day will come when everyone will be held accountable for their response to Jesus Christ. (John 3:18)


No comments: